If higher ROI, lower advertising costs and an increased number of conversion is what you are after, you need to dig into Facebook ad optimization. Facebook ad targeting is a highly effective way to narrow down the audience who can see your ads.
With our Audience Finder Tool, you can target your Facebook ads more effectively than ever before. More accurately targeted Facebook ads also mean reaching the audience who is most likely to purchase your product or service.
Below is an example to demonstrate how highly accurate audience targeting is when compared to traditional targeting options on Facebook.
Targeting Users with Smart Watches
The company RunningRabbit wants to advertise their Android app that helps Android smartwatch users track their running.
They aim to target ads specifically to people who own Android smartwatches and ideally who use it to run on a regular basis or who might be interested in using it tracking runs in the future.
Option 1: Facebook Ads Interest Targeting
Facebook ads offer a wide range of targeting options, though it can take some time to find the exact right ones for you.
You could target “smartwatch,” “android wear,” or “Apple watch,” however it will only target users who expressed an interest in these products. That means they might have liked an article or a page about them. You can’t be sure that they own a smartwatch.
With this method, for RunningRabbit, which is Android-specific, it would be challenging to target only users who have an Android smartwatch device.
Alternatively, it’s possible to target fan pages of specific Android smartwatch vendors. “Misfit Wearables” for example offers users more information about Android-specific devices. Interest in that page, however, doesn’t guarantee that a user owns one.
They might own an LG Watch or Huawei Watch, or they might only be considering making a smartwatch purchase.
As a result, this strategy will not result in accurate targeting and will decrease the number of ad viewers who would be interested in the app.
Option 2: Highly Accurate Targeting with Audience Finder
In an ideal scenario, RunningRabbit would be able to target people who have an Android smartwatch, not only the ones who have an interest in the topic.
Luckily, 42matters Audience Finder allows marketers to accomplish precisely this.
42matters offers the capability to target more than 30 million US users based on the apps they have installed. 42matters has a track record of providing the best mobile app and user data available on the market.
Currently, many leading AdNetworks and DMPs use 42matters on a daily basis.
Now, this data is available also for smaller advertisers!
The Audience Finder tool accomplishes in three quick steps what Facebook Ad Targeting would in several ones.
- The first step is to select users based on the apps they have installed. RunningRabbit, for example, might select “Wear OS,” the standard app for android watch owners. They might also choose to target the Wear Mini Launcher or other apps that indicate that the user has an Android smartwatch.
- Secondly, export the audience to the Facebook Ad account. Not only is this accomplished with a single click, but a lookalike audience is also created at the same time to broaden the user’s reach.
- Finally, create the Facebook Ad. A single click is all it takes: the custom audience and lookalike audience are already pre-selected, making this one of the fastest and most convenient ways to create a new Facebook Ad with this specific audience.
In this scenario, Audience Finder offers some key advantages that businesses like RunningRabbit–and yours–can’t find from other providers on the market.
- The ability to target highly specific topics. Your targeting can be as detailed as the apps that are available on the market–and there are millions of apps that represent a range of different topics.
- Locating and targeting a considerably stronger audience. App installs are typically a stronger signal than individuals who have merely read about or liked the information about a specific topic.
- Save time on your audience selection. You’re able to go straight to a user group based on the apps they use, rather than needing to browse through a diverse library of categories and combine different segment.
- Easily crossing platforms and placements. Facebook user data map to a wide range of other platforms, including Instagram, desktop platforms, mobile platforms, and more.
- Making it easier and more effective to target competitors’ users or lookalikes of them.
Option 3: Combine Facebook Targeting and Highly Specific Targeting
RunningRabbit is hosting a promotion in a local geographic area, or they have chosen to direct an ad to a particular age or gender. Their ideal user might have other specific interests that are easy to target through Facebook ads.
By combining these targeting options, using both Facebook ad targeting and the hyper-specific targeting available through Audience Finder, RunningRabbit can create a highly targeted, extremely efficient ad campaign.
Audience Finder can provide audiences with a higher granularity and stronger intent. Ideally, combining both Facebook Targeting and Audience Finder’s results will give you a more effective ad targeting strategy that will place your ads directly in front of the right people.