Facebook recently started to require personal ad account owners to connect to a business manager account if they want to use the custom audience feature. Otherwise, you'll bump into the error "Connect to Business Manager to Create This Audience." as seen below.
Unfortunately, the link Facebook provided is not so informative. So to help you set this up, we have prepared a step by step guide.
7 Quick Steps to Fix it
You don't have to really own a business to use Facebook business manager, it's merely a way to separate your personal activities and business activities on Facebook. It also helps you manage multiple ad accounts, pages, and co-workers if any.
2. Click "Create Account" and enter your business name and email. If you don't have a business, you can still put your name and your personal email.
3. Add your business details
4. A popup will inform you your new business manager account is created and a confirmation link has been sent to your business email address. You could still proceed and finish the rest setup and confirm later. Just click "Done", and you'll be redirected to your business manager home page. Click "Add Ad Account"
5. In the upcoming popup, click "Add Ad Account" to connect an ad account you have already
6. Give your ad account id and you should be good to go.
7. If you need to find you ad account id, go to https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager/account_settings/information. Make sure you select the right ad account though.
If you have any question, you can always reach us through the chat bubble on the bottom right of this page.
Next: Try our Custom Audiences and Target People by what Apps they use
42matters Audience Finder is a self-service tool helping you target people on Facebook’s ads platform based on what mobile apps they use. We have sampled data of 100+ million users and their installed apps. Use it to target your perfect audience, interest niches, brands, or even your competitors.
- You choose your perfect audience based on what apps people use
- We upload it into your Facebook Ad account as custom audience
- You combine it with Facebook's own targeting option and enjoy laser targeting