How to Target people who want to Lose Weight?
The weight loss market offers a massive opportunity for a variety of businesses. It includes the sport vertical, the health accessory companies, the food industry and more. There are numerous ways to define the perfect audience. Let’s find out how!
What Makes People Who Want to Lose Weight Unique?
They have several common characteristics that can be valuable when looking to target ads towards them
- They tend to be highly focused on their diet.
- It’s possible to group them by eating patterns, like the “emotional eaters” for instance.
- People that need to lose a lot of weight usually have a sedentary lifestyle before starting their weight loss process
- Looking at Facebook Audience Insights Data, weight watchers are mostly represented by women being between 25 and 35 years old.
Starting with these segments and behavioural patterns in mind will help you to adapt your message and visuals when designing your marketing campaigns.
How to Build Your Targeting for Weight-concerned people?
Hundreds of options are available in Facebook Ads for numerous purposes and you need to make sure to select the right ones.
This starts with demographics. Start with women between 25 and 54 years (for a higher range). Feel free to be more accurate with this range depending on your product. Depending on your business, you can also leverage location targeting by setting up a radius around your premises if you are a clinic or a fitness club for instance.
Interest-based targeting will be a significant opportunity for this industry. You can find interests in weight loss, diet food, healthy habits, and more. Look specifically for followers and recent visitors of web pages related to these topics.
Considering there are so many types of people looking to lose weight, don’t forget to experiment with your ad copy, your visuals and audiences. In the Ads Manager, set up multiple similar audiences that focus on different characteristics. That way, you can send the same ads to varying audiences, paying close attention to which perform best and which you should focus on in the future.
Custom audiences are another important element in this strategy. This group allows you to focus on recent visitors of your website, custom email lists, and more. It helps to further expand your reach.
Efficiently target Weight-concerned people using Mobile App Targeting
At 42matters, we believe that installed apps give amazing insight to users’ interests especially as it is getting more and more difficult to target people with strong intent.
This is the reason why we created the Audience Finder. By taking advantage of our extensive app database, we help you create audiences based on apps people have on their mobile devices since these apps show what they are most interested in.
The benefits of using the Audience Finder for your Facebook Ads Audiences
- Reach mobile AND desktop users. Because Facebook users are mapped across devices and apps, you can reach them everywhere, even on Instagram and Messenger.
- Be as precise as one installed app. With millions of app in our database, no user is out of reach.
- Find and target a considerably stronger audience. It's not just about matching what a user reads online but what he has committed to install and use.
- Target customers of your competitors or of similar services.
- Combine traditional Facebook advertising with extra precision thanks to our tool.
The 3-step process to target Weight-concerned people with the Audience Finder
- First, define the apps your audience is most likely to have installed, such as sports apps, calorie counters, diet apps… You can even target people already using similar products like Weight Watchers™.
- Then, you are a click away from exporting your custom audience to your Facebook Ads account. A lookalike audience is also added in the process to broaden your reach.
- All that remains now is to create your campaign using the given audience!
Try the Audience Finder for free!
Combine Audience Finder audiences with Facebook Ads to reach your business goals at better costs. You can use the Audience Finder for free with our 14-day trial and find how it can power-up your marketing efforts!
Should you have questions, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audience Finder can provide audiences with a higher granularity and stronger intent. Ideally, combining both Facebook Targeting and Audience Finder’s results will give you a more effective ad targeting strategy that will place your ads directly in front of the right people.