Do you want to find the most efficient way to advertise on Facebook, find a highly optimized way to deliver your ads and get amazing results?
The Audience Finder is highly useful in narrowing down audiences so your time and resources can be used more efficiently. Your ads end up at the group of people who is most likely to purchase your product or service.
Below is an example to demonstrate how highly accurate audience targeting is when compared to traditional targeting options on Facebook.
Targeting Cat Owners
Company CuteCat wants to advertise their cat food products specifically to owners of cats. They're into highly targeted advertising since only cat owners will be interested in their products.
Option 1: Facebook Ads Interest Targeting
Facebook offers a wide range of targeting options. Some of them, however, are disappearing soon as changes to Facebook's algorithm and its options shift the way you're able to reach potential customers. Targeting "cat owners" is one way for CuteCat to get their ads in front of people who buy cat food on a regular basis now, but that's not an option that's going to be available for Facebook ad targeting in the near future. "People who are interested in cats" is one viable replacement for that option; it's not ideal, however, because simply liking an article about cats does not necessarily indicate that the individual in question owns a cat--and people who don't own cats are highly unlikely to purchase cat food.
Option 2: Hyper-specific Targeting
CuteCat doesn't want to use a broad targeting option that will put their ads in front of people who neither have cats nor are interested in buying cat food. Instead, in an ideal situation, they will be able to target individuals who have Android apps that cat owners might have, rather than people who have simply expressed an interest in that topic.
The Audience Finder tool accomplishes in three quick steps what Facebook Ad Targeting would in several ones.
- The first step is to select users based on the apps they have installed. These apps might "cat sounds" or apps that cats can play on a phone to test their reflexes. These apps would indicate that the user in question has a cat.
- Secondly, export the audience to the Facebook Ad account. Not only is this accomplished with a single click, but a lookalike audience is also created at the same time to broaden the user’s reach.
- Finally, create the Facebook Ad. A single click is all it takes: the custom audience and lookalike audience are already pre-selected, making this one of the fastest and most convenient ways to create a new Facebook Ad with this specific audience.
In this scenario, Audience Finder offers some key advantages that businesses like CuteCat–and yours–can’t find from other providers on the market.
- The ability to target highly specific topics. Your targeting can be as detailed as the apps that are available on the market–and there are millions of apps that represent a range of different topics.
- Locating and targeting a considerably stronger audience. App installs are typically a stronger signal than individuals who have merely read about or liked the information about a specific topic.
- Save time on your audience selection. You’re able to go straight to a user group based on the apps they use, rather than needing to browse through a diverse library of categories and combine different segment.
- Easily crossing platforms and placements. Facebook user data map to a wide range of other platforms, including Instagram, desktop platforms, mobile platforms, and more.
- Making it easier and more effective to target competitors’ users or lookalikes of them.
Option 3: Combine Facebook Targeting and Highly Specific Targeting
CuteCat is hosting a promotion in a local geographic area, or they have chosen to direct an ad to a particular age or gender. Their ideal user might have other specific interests that are easy to target through Facebook ads.
By combining these targeting options, using both Facebook ad targeting and the hyper-specific targeting available through Audience Finder, CuteCat can create a highly targeted, extremely efficient ad campaign.
Audience Finder can provide audiences with a higher granularity and stronger intent. Ideally, combining both Facebook Targeting and Audience Finder's results will give you a more effective ad targeting strategy that will place your ads directly in front of the right people.