No home decor product, from artwork to furniture, can sell if you don't get it in front of the right audience. You have to understand who the decision makers are, and how to reach out to them through social channels like Facebook.
What Makes Home Decor Customers Unique?
The home decor industry is as sprawling as it is specific. Chances are that you won't find a single 'ideal customer type' based on demographics alone. Yes, your customers are more likely to be female than male. Still, most of their unique characteristics are more based on interests and lifestyle choices than their age or location. Looking at data, it even seems that millennials are becoming a good opportunity to try out and you could segment them and the baby boomers:
- Compared with baby boomers, millennials look more for functionality and minimalism
- Being in a smaller environment, they tend to have fewer elements in their house
- They are also more cautious about the ecological impact
- They are more into smart homes
This should be a good starting point for your targeting, one that you still need to try and test, especially depending on your product style!
Building Your Facebook Targeting in the Home Decor Vertical
With some idea about who your potential customers are, it's time to leverage Facebook's options designed specifically to reach them. That starts with an introduction to Ads Manager, where you can set up audiences based on demographics, interests, and behaviors. All of these can be impactful in building your larger strategy.
For demographics, it all depends what your product is. If you are more about minimalism and functional items, for instance, you should look at millennials (22-37 years old). But, if you are closer to baby boomers (rustic, heavy pieces for instance), this would be above the 50+. You can try out segmenting by gender, but it makes more sense to leave it open to both genders initially and make adjustments later on based on data coming up while the campaign runs.
As we mentioned earlier, interests will play a major role in your targeting strategy. Use the characteristics above to find the types of websites, Facebook pages, and topics your audiences want to know more about. That might be famous influencers in the field (such as the Property Brothers), interests in domotic, or pages focusing on DIY home improvement projects.
Finally, also think about behavioral targeting; it can also be powerful! For instance, Facebook allows you to set up ads aimed specifically towards recent home buyers, who are more likely to be interested in home decor ideas and products. It's a third layer that allows you to get more specific as you build your messaging strategy.
Finally, as it is the case with everything, testing is the way to get to better results. Set up your initial audiences, then run some ads to see how they perform. Make minor adjustments to the parameters, and watch for differences in success. Over time, that allows you to build a Facebook strategy optimized for exactly the right audience.
Efficiently target Home Decor Enthusiasts using Mobile App Targeting
At 42matters, we believe that installed apps give amazing insight to users’ interests especially as it is getting more and more difficult to target people with strong intent.
This is the reason why we created the Audience Finder. By taking advantage of our extensive app database, we help you create audiences based on apps people have on their mobile devices since these apps show what they are most interested in.
The benefits of using the Audience Finder for your Facebook Ads
- Reach mobile AND desktop users. Because Facebook users are mapped across devices and apps, you can reach them everywhere, even on Instagram and Messenger.
- Be as precise as one installed app. With millions of app in our database, no user is out of reach.
- Find and target a considerably stronger audience. It's not just about matching what a user reads online but what he has committed to install and use.
- Target customers of your competitors or of similar services.
- Combine traditional Facebook advertising with extra precision thanks to our tool.
The 3-step process to target Home Decor Buyers with the Audience Finder
- First, define the apps your audience is most likely to have installed, home design shopping apps, home design tips...
- Then, you are a click away from exporting your custom audience to your Facebook Ads account. A lookalike audience is also added in the process to broaden your reach.
- All that remains now is to create your campaign using the given audience!
Try the Audience Finder for free!
Combine Audience Finder audiences with Facebook Ads to reach your business goals at better costs. You can use the Audience Finder for free with our 14-day trial and find how it can power-up your marketing efforts!
Should you have any questions, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audience Finder can provide audiences with a higher granularity and stronger intent. Ideally, combining both Facebook Targeting and Audience Finder’s results will give you a more effective ad targeting strategy that will place your ads directly in front of the right people.