How to Target Fitness Enthusiasts on Facebook
With so many people falling in one wide category, you will have many personas as well. From runners to weightlifters, Sunday joggers to Monday early birds, you need to properly analyze your target.
What Makes Fitness Enthusiasts Unique?
Although being a category with different types of people, you can find common points among them:
- They know a lot about nutrition and body composition (rather than weight alone) since both play a major role in fitness.
- They follow a workout routine over the weeks with dedicated training hours, rest days and a sleep schedule too.
- They are hard workers and push their limits to constantly improve their physical results.
- To them, fitness training is not just a hobby, it’s a lifestyle that dictates many aspects of their daily life (food, schedule…).
Bearing these personality traits in mind will help you write the right message to trigger their interest, emotions or at least make them react.
Add to this demographic segmentation and you should already have a neat starting point for your targeting. According to Facebook Audience Insights data, almost ⅔ of users who are interested in fitness are women and 1 out of 4 of them are between 25 and 34 years.
How to Build Your Targeting For Fitness Enthusiasts
It’s time to take advantage of Facebook Ads data and opportunities. The most obvious starting point for your targeting is the age range. You are safe going with the 25-54 years old (64% of women, 68% of men) but of course, go as precise as your product or service needs you to be. The same goes for location targeting: if you have a physical place, try setting up a radius of 10 mi / 15 km and expand or reduce according to data gotten from your advertising.
Then, look into interests: gyms, popular fitness brands, popular fitness celebrities like Kayla Itsines and even Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock. You can indeed target them with Facebook interest options.
With data, closely look at the performances over periods of the day, locations and product types. Unlike other personas, fitness people won’t necessarily be accessible at lunchtime or right after work since these times can be training times but they might be available earlier in the morning than others. The key then is to test demographic, location and time options in order to define what works best for you and your audience.
As a final touch, you can also benefit from custom audiences. You can connect your own customer list or your Facebook page fans and then target them specifically or create lookalikes out of them.
Efficiently target Fitness Enthusiasts using Mobile App Targeting
At 42matters, we believe that installed apps give amazing insight to users’ interests especially as it is getting more and more difficult to target people with strong intent.
This is the reason why we created the Audience Finder. By taking advantage of our extensive app database, we help you create audiences based on apps people have on their mobile devices since these apps show what they are most interested in.
The benefits of using the Audience Finder for your Facebook Ads Audiences
- Reach mobile AND desktop users. Because Facebook users are mapped across devices and apps, you can reach them everywhere, even on Instagram and Messenger.
- Be as precise as one installed app. With millions of app in our database, no user is out of reach.
- Find and target a considerably stronger audience. It's not just about matching what a user reads online but what he has committed to install and use.
- Target customers of your competitors or of similar services.
- Combine traditional Facebook advertising with extra precision thanks to our tool.
The 3-step process to target Fitness Enthusiasts with the Audience Finder
- First, define the apps your audience is most likely to have installed, like fitness apps or calorie counter apps for instance:
- Then, you are a click away from exporting your custom audience to your Facebook Ads account. A lookalike audience is also added in the process to broaden your reach.
- All that remains now is to create your campaign using the given audience!
Try the Audience Finder for free!
Combine Audience Finder audiences with Facebook Ads to reach your business goals at better costs. You can use the Audience Finder for free with our 14-day trial and find how it can power-up your marketing efforts!
Should you have questions, send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Audience Finder can provide audiences with a higher granularity and stronger intent. Ideally, combining both Facebook Targeting and Audience Finder’s results will give you a more effective ad targeting strategy that will place your ads directly in front of the right people.